View Single Post
Old 03-10-2011, 02:46 PM   #33
tech@scottshotrods

Re: cpp frustrations

Quote:
Originally Posted by lolife99 View Post
jon,... Maybe my comparison to Jegs or Summit was not fair.
If Scotts Hot Rods had a part in stock like the OP posted,...

Since last Thursday I have been trying to buy the CPP rear driveline shaft with the slip in it. I have left messages, emails, pm's and nothing. I call every day and wait 10-15 min just to order the part I need. So today the operator gets on while im holding and said she will take a name and number and have someone call me. So someone finally called me back. I give this guy the part I need, hey its in stock!!! Woo hoo things are looking up. Wrong. I give him my card, he takes my address and puts me on hold. "Ok buddy your all set part is in stock so it will ship out in 10-14 business days....." Huh I say it wont take that long to get here from Cali... he said no that the wait time to leave the building!! I said but you have it in stock right.. Yes we do... I asked why so long and he said they are just busy. But I can pay an extra $94 to get it processed today and 3 day air it to me so I can get it Wednesday. HUH.

Would it be acceptable for your company to ship it out 14 days later?

I've had my issues with CPP.
I gave them a second chance also.
I commend CPPJEFF for an outstanding PR job.
I wish CPP the best of luck.
Again different scale we are 10 employees in 12000sqft building full turnkey projects, chassis and parts. we have it instock I personally will pack and ship the product we ship typically 20-30 packages a day ranging from full chassis to single air bags, but by comparison I would say my first employer was the closest to size and volume and we had similar issues due to growing pains.
We are in a unique businees where unfortunately most of the business owners have to learn by trial and error because not only do they have to manufacture, sale and ship parts they also have to project the trends and stay ahead of the game which no school can teach you that...
I am not benefitting from my post like I said I just understand Jeffs headaches and the buyers frustration...
All I'm saying is give jeff personally a chance and I know he'll do the best of his ability to make it right

Last edited by tech@scottshotrods; 03-10-2011 at 02:49 PM.
tech@scottshotrods is offline   Reply With Quote