View Single Post
Old 03-18-2011, 08:56 AM   #70
Scot_Douglas

Re: Starting my first build - 1966 C10

Starting on the "rebuild" of the rear half of the frame. The frame rails above the control arms are going to interfere, so they're going away.

Got the spacers in for the wheels and had to test fit at least one. This is sitting at the proposed ride height (5" drop) - basically, the equivalent of the stock rear axle sitting on the bumpstops

I really like these wheels.

Avortec AV3X Plasma/TIG/ARC. I love this thing.

This shows a better angle of where the frame rails will be cut out. I'm going to plate-in the rear subframe front and rear where it connects to the new rails I'm adding. When that is finished, the original frame rails will be cut fore and aft of the suspension and I'll blend in the coil perches and shock mounts.

Steering is done - well, close. Rack is in its final spot, the knuckles are drilled and tapered from the bottom and the rod ends just need some 1" I.D. DOM to tie the two bushings together on each side.

More boxing, one side of the rear rails replaced. Now I've got to build up the top spring perches, box that into the rear subframe and add some shock mounts.

Scot_Douglas is offline   Reply With Quote