View Single Post
Old 03-31-2011, 10:29 PM   #355
kev2809
low n' slo

Re: Project 67 DRGNWGN - 67 Burban!!

lol..i wish i was at that stage to work on the interior...someday

well, not much progress has been done. i did get the the the hatch sanded down and ready to spray. but it would be useless without getting the rear cargo area primed. also started working on the tailgate, man this thing needs A LOT of work! so i decided to finish up the cargo jamb. not sure if you guys remember, but it was pushed in about 3-4 inches on the passenger side by the hinge area. i decided it would be much easier to replace the area rather than try to pull it out. so heres the progress...

heres how off i was on the cut...less than 1/4"..im happy with it!

this shows how pushed in the very end of it was...it was worse a litte more towards the center..

overall i think its turning out pretty good. when i looked at it from the side it is a little bowed where the 2 pieces meet, but not a whole lot. i think it will finish up nicely. ill finish welding up tomorrow and grind it all up hopefully, then i can get to sanding it down saturday morning and shooting it.

and whats been slowing me down lately? just signed the papers on a house! will be my first home purchase..so im def. excited but really nervous!

best part about it is that i will finally have a garage...worst thing is my truck will probably end up on the back burner for a while to see how things go. im hoping not, but i guess well see. i can still get the truck fully primed in and out, interior painted along with the firewall, and motor dropped in. but all the glass and rubber and little things will have to wait. looks like im gonna miss this show year

donations for the truck are gladly appreciated

-_--_--_ _________
_--_-_ -/____|__|__\__
,.,,,.,.,,.,|_O _______ O_]
kev2809 is offline   Reply With Quote