View Single Post
Old 04-09-2011, 11:13 AM   #23
Gyawo

Re: The price of tools is killin me!

Snap On must be a little different from where you guys that aren't too keen on buying from them are from. My Snap On dealer comes once a week to my shop, unless he has been held up at the bigger shops(there are only three of us at my shop, and I am the only one really buying stuff). The deals he shows me actually gets me to buy tools, he has tons of giveaways(Snap On BBQ this month!) and he is more than legit about warranty. I bought a used 1/2" ratchet from him and he pretty much told me how to break it and that he would have to give me a brand new 80 tooth if it did "just happen to break". I tried to break that ratchet last week, backed out the bolt on the head of the ratchet(it was a swivel ratchet) and threw it in the vise, put a 5 foot snipe on it and it broke the vise before i broke the ratchet. So in my amazement and frustration I took the ratchet apart and smacked the teeth on the gear with a hammer, mushrooming two on the teeth. Ratchet still didn't skip a beat. I ended up screwing up the threads on it too, showed it to him this Friday, his response? "Looks like you need a new racthet"...

TL;DR: I like Snap On, I purposely broke a $180 ratchet and he is giving me a new one.
Gyawo is offline   Reply With Quote