View Single Post
Old 04-09-2011, 11:35 PM   #78
coulter

Re: intro + 66 black bagged long fleet

well got a little bit more done today..
but first let me show you what happened yesterday!!

this was the bearing that was in the neck of an engine stand i am borrowing.. i was gonna move the motor from my garage to my shop on the side of my house
right as i was pushing it out of the door i hit a small crack in the sidewalk and 1 of the bearings in the neck of that stand exploded and my motor went for a concrete dive..
luckly it didnt really do any major damage.. it managed to not touch the end of the crank at all!!!!!

broke the water neck, few spark plugs, dented up my valve covers
o well i wanted aluminum finned vc's anyway

luckly i was smart enough to pull these off before i tried to move it

got these from a buddy for 250.. never been ran before
the drivers side hangs bout an inch below the factory oil ... i might have to cut it down a lil bit

i cleaned and painted my intake mani

then i played around with an idea of how im gonna mount my bed and raise the floor and what not
i had to find a good use for this cool looking spiral stock i had

im gonna take the factory rails out and weld this across a lil higher to raise the floor to clear the notch

on the bottom part of the spiral it is solid so im gonna drill and tap all of them to 1/2 inch or so and have jack bolts coming out of the stock mounts on the frame so i can adjust the bed any way i want to!!!!

ive pretty much got it figured out how im gonna do it so i will prolly pull the bed back off pretty soon to do all the welding.. still have to figure out how much i gotta cut those wheel tubs..

bagged 66 longbed build
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=449548

my favorite colors.. black, rust, and shiny!!!! instagram: @coulter918

Last edited by coulter; 04-09-2011 at 11:50 PM.
coulter is offline   Reply With Quote