View Single Post
Old 04-11-2011, 05:21 PM   #79
greguw

Re: 1990 GMC Suburban ... Cummins Powered

Managed to find some time on saturday to start mocking up the front end , The intercooler is a 99+ ford powerstroke 7.3 intercooler all aluminum , has the inlet and outlet cut , angled and re-welded to clear inter supports .
Still had to cut out some of the outer edge , broke my heart to cut into this new old stock support but it turned out pretty nice , I had to weld on some lower tabs for the intercooler .
The factory grill will also fit ... i was pretty amazed my self ...LOL
Only thing I have to watch is the hood safety latch , may need to be reshape but thats easy fix in need be .
Also figured out I am going to use a original style 3 cool , I had issues with the inlet and outlet but are going to be fine . I had a 1st gen cummins rad , it has the larger inlets but squeezes down to the smaller dia and I'm ok with that .
It also worked out with a belt driven fan ... really did not want a electric ... Keep it simple . I have over a inch between the fan and the rad .
Got some hose adapters and mocked up some of the intercooler tubes .
Still waiting for the fuel tank , have to order some gauges and I think a cowl hood this week .
Attached Images

greguw is offline   Reply With Quote