View Single Post
Old 04-17-2011, 10:48 AM   #9
47thriftmaster

Re: '72 K5 Blazer CST = Yet another Build

Well I have the Blazer home now, it was quite the trip to make that happen. It was only a 5 hour trip to the farm, from NC to TN, so that was not bad and we made it straight there without any wrong turns. That is where things stopped being easy. The Blazer was tucked in the corner along the fence with the cows, that was not bad, with no room to maneuver the trailer. So after a little work got the trailer in place and pulled the Blazer out of the corner, all was going well until the right ramp popped of, still not sure how that happened. So this is what I ended up with.

It wedged itself to the trailer, was not worried about the rocker but it got the door as well. So more work for me, it also screwed the body line. hoping once I cut out the rocker it will come back down. Three hours later the blazer is loaded and we're ready to go. Nope not ready, thats when I noticed all the bolts to hold the top were removed Thanks for that one. The top was just sitting on the Blazer, so what do I do about that. Well I was not in my truck so no claps or tools. After some maneuvering and another hour the top is done.

We are ready to go, hurray, well on the way out we got another surprise.

A good distance from anything, a tree decided to help out and fall into the very small country road. Well as stated not my truck = no tools, so the three of use went to clearing the road by hand, did I mention small road /only way out/no way to turn around or back up. Got it done, on the way. Minus a few top adjustments on the way, or 5 hour trip turned into 19.5 hours, and here it sits waiting for it's spot in the garage.

47thriftmaster is offline   Reply With Quote