View Single Post
Old 04-18-2011, 10:22 PM   #58
67c10rustbuket

Re: First Time Bagger.... trying to cup LCA's

My experience with a blown bag ( it was a melted hose on exh manifold ) was not catastrophic i was at a red light luckily. and the police man was nice enough to let me borrow his jack and replace the hose instead of having me towed. If i were on the highway I would have crashed. But my truck laid frame all the way around some people are bagging their truck low but not on the ground so they may not be so catastophic, dependant on speed .. the other major factor is if you have an individual valve setup or the front two are connected to one valve. if both bags on the front are connected to 1 valve they both go down. if you have individual control of each bag you can pump the opposing bag up and limp it home. also if you were cool enough to remove the sway bar like me you will have a wicked lean , if you leave the sway bar on it will try to keep the control arms at the same level it will lean only a few inches.
Your truck looks pretty slick, my only advice is please buy a bigger tank (or just add another one the same)2.5 gallon may be good for the rear but not the front and definately not the whole truck. my first setup i used a 3 gallon on an s10 and i would have to lift the front, wait on the comp to fill the tank back up, then lift the front again so i could turn my wheels. a 5 or 6 gallon is enough air to keep most people happy. Keep up the progress lookin good!

67 SWB C10 project "GEORGIA"-59 Brookwood 2dr wag...Next project-03 Tahoe 4x4 5.3 family ride-07 Hondur Accord, commuter car
67c10rustbuket is offline   Reply With Quote