Thread: Former Glory
View Single Post
Old 05-16-2011, 12:54 PM   #6
bundeber

Talking Re: Former Glory

Quote:
wonder if they make a flat clearcoat
Yes they do, but I don't think it would stick well without a primer.

Quote:
Front axle is a bolt in. Rear axle usually is not and requires the perches to be moved. Ive rread that later model 1 ton trucks are a bolt in but dont quote me on that hahah.
That's good to know. Not looking forward to moving the perches, but what are you gonna do. Gotta start somewhere, and it's a PITA to not have a rolling chassis.

A little update on what this project is all about... For my sake, and the happiness of my wife... which I guess is still my sake, this is gonna be a budget build! Thankfully the thing is pretty solid so that shouldn't be too hard. Lets just say she wasn't too thrilled with the purchase as I just sold a 68 camaro I got finished with and needless to say... the idea of another project doesn't thrill her.

This may turn into a long term build, but I'm hoping to have the metal work, epoxy primer and maybe even some color shot on this thing by the end of June. I already have solid running gear for it, so the basics like brakes, seals, u joints should make this thing move on it's own power. My only issue will be making sure I can get the local parts boys the correct ujoint numbers. For some reason when you ask them to look those up for NON stock components they get this blank look on their face. I think it has something to do with the fact that they only get paid about 9 bucks an hour.

Basically the wife will be happier if she sees it all in one color and put together. I think she freaked out a bit the other day when she saw my old truck with the front clip off if it. She had no idea what they looked like apart. I'm sure most of us have seen that reaction before, but when that look of terror is on your wife's face you can almost hear the argument starting! Mental note.... lock garage from now on and tell her it's a surprise, she can see it when it's done.

Somewhere down the road, I'll tear the body back off the frame and get it sand blasted and painted, with these wyoming frames it's just surface scale and I don't see any reason to get too carried away. At least until after the crap gets cleaned up from it previously hitting the fan....
bundeber is offline   Reply With Quote