Thread: Former Glory
View Single Post
Old 05-20-2011, 02:36 PM   #12
bundeber

Re: Former Glory

Update, At least I know NOT to call that spring place for new springs! They were way off on lengths for the blazers. Long story short, I'll be re-using the springs from the blazer with the new 3/4 ton axles. Front perches are in the identical position, and like was stated by 70 Beast. The rears are only off by 1 inch, this is based on my preliminary measurements, I'll be more precise when I actually install new perches. I'll be using a fab method described by someone else on this forum, just don't know exactly where that thread was, luckily, I took notes!

Patch panels are all here as of 10:00 am, so hopefully I'll have a full day of rust repair under my belt tomorrow night. I ordered a new set of body mounts as that was recommended by pretty much everyone on this site. I'll install those before doing anything else. And I'll be leaving the top on too for added support.

And before I get the This thread is worthless without pictures..... I'll update with photos tomorrow evening as there is no new progress yet.
bundeber is offline   Reply With Quote