View Single Post
Old 05-30-2011, 09:16 PM   #13
AnniesSS

Re: TN 1990 454 SS Rebuild

Quote:
Originally Posted by 70BLAZERX2 View Post
Got the all important paper for it today...so now i can start the teardown to see what i have...

I have 1 week more on a 97 reg cab shortbed 350 vortec truck with only 89,000 miles on it , it needed a door and a bedside..about have it ready for new paint. When the 97 is done..its 454SS time.

I wish there was a way to find out a sequintial production number to find out what truck it is..In the order they were built..Just the 454 SS's that is..

Any idea where they hid a build sheet on these?

I may put the motor/trans in it and take it to bristol dragway here in a few weeks..to see what it will do..
That's a great deal on the truck! Looks fairly straight, even if it's been a bit butchered.

GM didn't keep track of the 454SS's, only the quantity ordered. In 1990, there were over 16,000 of them built and the quantity decreased greatly over the next 3 years. Make sure the VIN has an N in the middle, that's the biggest giveaway that it was built to be a 454SS with the 14 bolt rear, bucket seats, upgraded/heavy duty suspension, boat anchor 454 engine and TH375 trans.

If you go to www.454ss.com you can find some info there on the truck that's more specific also. Good luck with the build! Look forward to seeing you bring her back into shape.