View Single Post
Old 06-23-2011, 08:02 PM   #32
Flint70step

Re: Project Patina Azul

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcbassin View Post
Love the burb and the stepper. Cool story how you persisted until you got to buy it. I did the same thing on my 67 years ago. I had it about 90% restored when my nephew pulled the same thing on me. Every day he would call or come by trying to buy it or trade for it. Just before he turned 16 I gave in and traded him for a 67 camaro (needs total restoration still). Pretty even trade in my mind but man do I miss that step side.
any chance you have a thread for your step side? BTW, I did a TBI swap using stock harness on my son's 86 (avatar pic). It was a pretty straight forward swap and he has driven it daily for almost a year.
Subscribed.
Thanks man,much appreciated.I will be doing a thread on my stepper soon.As soon as the Burb is on the road and I'm confident its going to be a reliable DD,I'm going to tear down the stepper and start a frame off resto mod.I have a 71 high nickle 4 bolt 350 that came outta a GMC van.Virgin block standard bore.but is now 30 over.Its built and waiting for me to finish paying it off at the machine shop.My neighbor does circle track racing and I got a forged steel crank,6.125(6 1/8) inch forged steel Childs and Albert rods and forged Mahle pistons that look like hockey pucks the skirt is so short.

My Dart Pro 1 215's are going on top of the new motor with a solid mechanical roller cam.I have a nice port matched,polished Victor JR and 650 Speed Demon carb to top it off.A 4 speed behind that and the Posi I got for it is gonna be a hand full to drive,but I bet its gonna be fun!!

We need to talk about the swap you did cause I'm about to buy a $400 harness from Howell.If you think you can help use my stock harness,That would save me some cash.Then I could get my 4/6 drop for the Burb.Any help would be great.Be good

72 Custom Deluxe Burb(Arizona truck)Nice interior
Great patina

Project Patina Azul http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=467668

Last edited by Flint70step; 06-27-2011 at 11:33 PM.
Flint70step is offline   Reply With Quote