View Single Post
Old 07-02-2011, 02:17 AM   #32
fryer1979
Redneck Hillbilly

Re: !965 Chevy C-10 Take 2: Project Tanya

Ok, so I have a few more pictures off my phone to share, nothing really exciting at all though.

Truck back up in the air for removal of old bumpstops:

Name:  upagain.jpg
Views: 1118
Size:  31.6 KB

My ugly mug, an my own personal custom ear plugs...... After running a grinder for a while, I really start getting a nasty headache from the noise. I really did not want to go through that again and couldn't find any kind of ear protection at my shop, so I made my own: torn bits of shop towel rolled and stuffed into glove fingers. They look funny, but they worked great....no headache, and no ears ringing.

Name:  earplugs.jpg
Views: 1174
Size:  44.6 KB

My awesome wife (no she doesn't read this forum ) brought me some refreshments. Nothing like an ice cold summer seasonal on a hot afternoon. She got a good laugh from my home made ear plugs too.

Name:  bluemoon.jpg
Views: 1067
Size:  29.0 KB

My Camera on my phone was really giving me a hard time with the flash and didn't want to take any pictures in the twilight light. This was the only good one I managed to get of things going back together, all of the rest are WAY too dark to see. At least you can see a shiny new Belltech shock.

Name:  shock.jpg
Views: 1139
Size:  24.5 KB

Here's my two babies a couple of weeks later. The shorter bump stops have let the front of the pickup settle a bit more, she's looking pretty good.

Name:  twocars.jpg
Views: 1121
Size:  37.6 KB

As soon as I can get my 1980 crossmember rebuilt and ready to go in, the new drop spindles will get her sitting just about perfect. 2 more inches down in the front should be just right.
fryer1979 is offline   Reply With Quote