View Single Post
Old 07-02-2011, 02:43 AM   #33
fryer1979
Redneck Hillbilly

Re: !965 Chevy C-10 Take 2: Project Tanya

Oh, and just in case anyone is interested, this is what my entire week last week consisted of. Sunday we drove out to this old guy's house in the desert and brought back these two Cadillacs, one is a 1968 and the other is a 1963. My wife got the 63 and another member of my car club got the 68. The old man wanted both cars to go at the same time, and he was picky about who they went to (wanted to make sure they would go to someone who wouldn't destroy them). So once we decided to give them a new home we went to pick them up early Sunday morning. My wife has always wanted an early 60's Cadillac ever since I met her 12 years ago, so this 63 is a dream come true for her. After we got both cars back to town we set to work on getting them resurrected from their 20 year slumbers. We got two fresh batteries, did two oil changes, poured fuel down two carburetors, and BOTH cars fired right up! After a little cleaning, adjusting, checking, and tuning, we were cruising two classic Caddys that evening. The core members kind of split into two groups so we could get these two cars ready for our local annual main st show 'n shine the following weekend (last weekend). Mostly it was a bit more tuning on the old engine, a lot of cleaning, and some work with a buffer and we got them both looking pretty darn good for Saturday. Both cars need a good amount of resto work, but both are quite driveable. My wife and I spent all day last Sunday driving hers all around the country side, with still no more cash involved than the prior weekends parts for initial fire. So here is a couple pictures I took with my cell phone, my wife has tons of pics on her camera, so I may start a thread in the "alternate tinkerings" section sometime. This car sure is beautiful, and my wife could not be happier. Enjoy!

Both cars at the gas station a few miles from the old guy's house. Had to stop to check all the tie downs before making the 45 mile drive home. You all should have seen this old man, he was so happy to see his cars going to a new home where they will be getting new life and will be loved for what they are (his words). We definitely made his day almost as much as he made ours.

Name:  2caddys.jpg
Views: 1099
Size:  42.2 KB

Late night cruising that same night after we got the cars fired up. Man those 63 tail lights are sexy as hell! I never thought I would own a car with fins, I love this thing.

Name:  caddy2.jpg
Views: 1156
Size:  14.7 KB

After a week of cleaning, polishing, buffing, tuning, and a fresh set of tires, you would never know this car had been sitting in the desert for 20 years. I don't have any interior shots on my phone, but it is just as remarkable as the exterior. This was right as we were getting loaded up to go to the car show. Tanya is just to the left out of frame, full with cooler and yard chairs.

Name:  caddy1.jpg
Views: 1098
Size:  31.4 KB
fryer1979 is offline   Reply With Quote