Thread: My '59 Apache
View Single Post
Old 07-17-2011, 08:25 PM   #13
Denee007

Update~

hi, sorry it's been a little while, but I'm still here!
I lost more sleep on buying this '72 Impala for the motor/ tranny, driveshaft, rear axle, and finally did it! Mistake? only time will tell! ; )
My oldest brother rode out to Alvin, Tx where the car was, he drove, and I followed. It was about a 50 mile trip. All went well until the muffler fell of, no biggy~ I brought floor jack, stand, tools and more tool and duct tape! The 350 motor ran fine with the stock 2 barrel carb, the 350 tranny shifted well too and no particular noise from the rear end. It supposedly had 42k original miles, but I don't think so!

I spoke to my engine man, and he said bring it to him and he and I will tear into it! he overhauled my '67 mustang 289. Really nice guy! I'm going to keep it stock including the 2v carb. I'll drop the tranny off to my tranny guy this week also!

The rear axle I'm just not so sure about, I think I'll go ahead and pull it. It appears to be about 1" wider than the rear axle on my Apache right now. I just figure I'll remove all the current welded on stuff and weld on what I want.

This is just demonstrating my hoyer mini lift to do stuff to save my back! it's a great thing!

Tomorrow I'll be taking all the bolt on stuff off of the motor and get it ready to go to Herbs shop. I'm not sure when he'll want to do it, he's very busy.

I do plan to order an fake motor? to mock up the fitment for the motor in the Apache.
ok, it's been a great weekend! I hope everyone's had a great weekend!; )
dne'
Denee007 is offline   Reply With Quote