View Single Post
Old 07-26-2011, 11:33 PM   #12
RockTonka

Re: 1958 Apache 38 Dually Dump Project

Wow, didn't realize how much time has passed with so little progress. We've been driving this around when we can and gathering parts when we can't.
I've been working with Blumenthal Companies here in OKC on pulling together everything needed to drop a NV4500/205 behind the BBC.
Initially, I was very disappointed with the lack of progress and misinformation I was being fed by an individual within the organization and had made the decision to take my business elsewhere...after a few months of being mislead!
I did, however, recognize that Blumenthal's is a leader in their industry and was the most capable of building exactly what I wanted.
I contacted a general manager within the company, explained my poor experience, and was pleasantly surprised to find them apologetic, accommodating, and eager to reverse my sour impression.
From that point forward, progress was still slow, but I was kept updated with honest information and knew that they were making every effort to build what I wanted at a reasonable cost.
After a bit of parts chasing, some back and forth with Advance Adapters, and pieces from a number of 205's, I have a 5.61 4500 with the 29 spline output rear to a dodge 205 (completely rebuilt w/32 spline f/r) and a chevy 10 spline input with AA bell housing.

Also picked up a used ORD passenger hi-steer arm
Attached Images

1966 "Not-So-Original" Chevy Custom Trim Suburban
My Time-Killing Project Truck

1966 GMC Extended cab 1 1/4 ton 4X4
My Son's build thread
RockTonka is offline   Reply With Quote