View Single Post
Old 08-04-2011, 08:10 PM   #44
66-PMD-GMC
The 60-66 GMC/Pontiac guy....

Re: !965 Chevy C-10 Take 2: Project Tanya

Quote:
Originally Posted by chad64chevy View Post
fryer.. that grille is awesome good job!! and i'm the same way when it comes to putting new and new used parts on my truck and my whole frontend and rearend its brand new! i do need to do the brake for the rear don't know if i what to keep the drums or go to disc! i don't see a big differents in disc other then the looks and they cost more!! but i'm going to do a hydro boost for sure, so what do you think i should do drum or disc??

chevyrestoguy.. thanks for that info. i'll need to put that on my list too. i have an aluminum grille that i painted silver with black painted headlight bezel!!
I paid $14.99 each for calipers and $14.00 for pads, $19 each for the brake hoses for the front. That is what it cost to make my brakes new. The wheel bearings made it slightly higher.
I found wheel cylinders for 9.99 each for the rear and 14.99 each for the front.
Looking at the math I would venture to guess that disks cost about the same to rebuild.
I got my spindles and rotors on flakes list for $75.
There is a disk rear for $150 right now too.
Check around, there are deals and inexpensive ways of improving your truck.

Building Genuine Pontiac Firepowered cars and trucks for several decades.

Why Pontiac?? That's just me daring to be different.

Projects..

63 C10 Short Wheel Base fleetside (The Pro-Street) currently under reconstruction.
440CID 2X4 Pontiac
66-PMD-GMC is offline   Reply With Quote