View Single Post
Old 08-17-2011, 01:00 AM   #1
Dan in Pasadena

"Hot August Nights" Photos

I spent the day last Thurs/Fri in Reno at Hot August Nights and Sat/Sun in Lake Tahoe at the Wood Boat Regatta. I thought you guys would like seeing pic's of (mostly) Chevy trucks I took. And of course a FEW of other cars/trucks too. This is just a sample; there were hundreds of cars and trucks. SO MANY awesome rods I took a couple hundred photos and could have taken hundreds more. Even picked up a couple very neat ideas.

This guy had a sign describing the history of his truck and claimed to have spent $265,000 dollars on it. If I'd spent that, I wouldn't admit it!!
Nice enough truck alright, but c'mon $265K? Uh...no. It doesn't reflect THAT kind of money.

One of the neat little ideas I DID pick up was this guy's hood locks. Simple, effective and cheap too!

But for the $265K I'd have put a small chrome or polished stainless piece over the slotted hole to prevent chipped paint; oh well

Oh, and just for the hell of it here's a pic of my somewhat newer Chevy truck working like only Chevy's can! Yes, that's a LOT of weight. Handles it like a champ.
Dan in Pasadena is offline   Reply With Quote