View Single Post
Old 08-24-2011, 04:24 AM   #55
fryer1979
Redneck Hillbilly

Re: !965 Chevy C-10 Take 2: Project Tanya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotchkis View Post
Fryer1979 - nice truck project. Lots of boxes! The grill looks mean blacked out. Do you have pictures of your 1979 Camaro? How are the "big" mods coming? Are you turning it into an electric car or diesel power? We're trying to think outside the box. Can you give us a hint?
It's going to be a while before I can do a whole lot of the "big" mods on the car. I would never do an electric car, but a diesel would be cool.....not really my style though (nice try with outside the box, I'll give ya some points there). I don't want to say too much about it, but it is going to be a big block, and it is not very commonly done. In fact I don't think I have ever seen it done, and certainly can't find one on the internet......it will piss off a lot of people though, hell even talking about it ruffles some big feathers. I'll just say it's one of those engine a lot of people say they have, but few actually do. I have to get a hold of a new body though, mine is really badly rusted out, and the aftermarket T-top inserts (car and concepts) won't hold up to the big torque. Once I get all the pieces gathered up and start work on it, I'll get a build thread going for it in the "alternate tinkerings" section. It'll be fun for sure. Here is the only couple pictures I have saved on this computer of the car, both are reasonably current (I am the only one who works on this car BTW, all work is done by me):

Name:  my79.jpg
Views: 1453
Size:  44.0 KB

Name:  twocars.jpg
Views: 1110
Size:  37.6 KB
fryer1979 is offline   Reply With Quote