View Single Post
Old 08-25-2011, 10:04 PM   #1
1959Chev

'59 Apache "Low and Mean" long term project

Hello all. I am new to this board and new to building trucks. I have built multiple cars but never anything this old. This will be an experience for me and I'm quite sure I will have a ton of questions. All suggestions will be more than welcome so feel free to suggest anything that will help me move this project along.

To start I have been searching for a '56 for a couple years now that I could get and restore. I had found 2 in a field and took a while trying to go get them. Before I could get up there to get them, the guy got rid of them to go to the scrap yard
So I continued my search and came across a '59 apache stepside. Score! Paid the guy $800 and he hauled it 45 min one way to bring it to me.
Everything on the truck was original for the most part. I even drove around the block a few times but the rings were gone so it smoked like hell.
After I figured out the rings were bad I pulled it in the shop and began tearing it down. I will get some pics tomorrow of when I got it and where I am on the tear down.

Plans for the truck:
camaro clip
c-notch with 9" out back
bags all around to set on frame
408 LS motor
either t56 or 4L80e
custom interior
1959Chev is offline   Reply With Quote