View Single Post
Old 08-26-2011, 11:17 AM   #46
special-K
Special Order

Re: Lifted Truck Pics

When I got my K/20 Highlander it was played out mechanically. It needed balljoints extremely bad,calipers were sticking,no clutch,cracked and 1/2 missing springs...you name it. The body was great and in original paint and the 400 SBC ran strong,too. I did ball joints,drag link ends,tie rod ends,rotors,drums,bearings throughout both axles,disassembled/cleaned/inspected the No-Spin,installed a Tru-Trac in front,new shackles,springs,shocks,tires,driveshaft and axle u-joints,brake pads cylinders,calipers,hardware,hoses,lines,master cylinder,booster,centerforce dual friction clutch,and exhaust. From the minute I pulled it out of the shop it was a one finger pleasure to drive. I loved the old '70s veteran 4wd look,yet it drove like a new truck. I intentionally went with el cheepo white spokes to emphasis the survivor look and to show all those who hate them that they can look good. They were so common back then,I couldn't see installing flashy wheels with tarnished and dinged trim and patina'd paint,4WPH was offering buy 3 get one free on the Xterrains,and I have 16.5 x 9.75 aluminum slots & Kelsey Hayes steelies I planned to mount Groung Hawgs and SSRs on for alternate sets. It sold with what's on it and the other sets will go on my '72 GMC once I lift that.

6" Tuff Country EZ-Rides with 315/75-16 (12.50/35) Pro Comp Xterrains:
Attached Images

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote