View Single Post
Old 09-03-2011, 10:31 AM   #16
leddzepp

Re: Long bed for $400 for parts, good buy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Van Gent View Post
In california now it appears you cant get a scrap yard to touch it without proper documentation. Same with wrecking yards. No will will take it. Flat out "NO".
You are correct.

I just did this a few weeks ago....bought a truck with NO paperwork. A scrapyard will NOT take a vehicle that has no paperwork. Same deal, the guy selling it was not the registered owner, it had close to $1000 due in back fees, and no title. He knew this and that is why I got the truck for a song. I have a cousin that is a police officer, so I simply called him prior to purchasing the truck and had him check the VIN to ensure the truck was not stolen (I was pretty sure it was not, but wanted to be sure) Truck was clean, just lots of back fees. I parted it for about 5 times what I paid for it (buddy buckets, tailgate, speedminder dash constituted most of that) The hardest part was getting rid of the cab/chassis. A guy from Nevada drove in and bought it, as he was not concerned with the paperwork being from out-of-state. As far as the rest of the sheetmetal on the truck, I practically had to give it away to get rid of it.

1968 C/10 50th Anniversary LWB. Unrestored, stock, daily driver/work truck.

RIP ElJay
RIP 67ChevyRedneck
RIP Grumpy Old Man

Last edited by leddzepp; 09-03-2011 at 10:44 AM.
leddzepp is offline   Reply With Quote