View Single Post
Old 09-12-2011, 11:04 PM   #7
carnutdallas

Re: My 98 K2500 Heart Transplant

Done!! Started Friday evening at 5pm...had old motor out by 10pm. Went home and crashed...back to shop Saturday morning at 8pm...ran to get new heater hoses and drivers side exhaust manifold from dealer....swapped all accessories from old to new engine worked till noon Saturday. Home for Soccer games and family time until 5pm Saturday. Stayed at shop until 10pm finishing up engine dressing and build. Church on Sunday till noon. Back to shop and installed motor. Done with complete install and fluids with new rad and all accessories by 5:30. NO START!!!! AAAGGHHHH!! Home by 9pm with no fire . Code for bad crank sensor!! New crank sensor and still no fire!!! Finally realized I stabbed distributor on exhaust stroke and not compression for #1 TDC. Idiot! Fixed it today. Fired up and purred like a kitten 60 psi cold oil pressure. Little oil leak at timing cover. Figures. Stayed a few hours dropped pan and fixed, I hope. Should be all good. Will drive it tomorrow!!

Here are pics in order. First ones are for install reference before and then a few of empty engine hole, then new motor assy and finally all done. Like factory accept for coated manifolds. We will see how long that last. Already messed up my wrinkle finished valve covers. Oh well it is a truck first and foremost.

carnutdallas is offline   Reply With Quote