View Single Post
Old 10-11-2011, 10:28 AM   #87
Coupeguy2001

Re: What Did You Do With Your Truck Today ?

Engine and trans in permanently.
completed the cooling system.
driveshaft in.
Threaded the alternator holes in the sepentine belt brackets to use an S-10 alternator. started started sorting out the wiring snakes.
hooked up the throttle
made the hydroboost pressure line from the pump. Gotta take it to a hose shop to have a high pressure rubber hose section installed in it and the rubber o ring fitting flared on the end.
fabricated a blank off plate for the A/C compressor to keep it clean.
Installed the heater shut-off valve and slid the original heater cable into the cab.
I found an original defrost outlet for a cheap heater that will allow me to use the deluxe heater control with the cheap heater and clear the defrost ducts.
Now I have to integrate the cheap heater with the A/C. The defrost outlet goes left and back instead of just "up".
Found a switch that will mount on the heater control valve that will shut off the heater fan and energize the A/C fan and still use the same fan switch on the deluxe heater control for both heater and A/C. Made a little bracket to hold it. THe heater control cable will move the switch at the same time shutting off the heater water valve.

blasted the upper and lower grille sheetmetal and primed them and painted the outer bumper supports.