View Single Post
Old 10-12-2011, 06:14 PM   #85
chad64chevy

Re: my '64 c-10 swb project with steel floor from a '70

well i thought i would update my thread! will really just to move it back up to the top, lol! i did double check my pass. fender on the truck, it's looks good! i haven't worked on my 64' lately cause i was working on a 99' silverado, i had two exhaust bolts on the same side, driver side the back two broke! i dont know why or how, but it has taken me two days and i'm still not done, yet!! the first day was taking evrything off, i had to pull the head to get to them! second day was a long day, i drilled them a lil smaller and used an easy-out on the first one it came out within 5 min., second one the easy-out broke! so had to use a carbide bit and buy a new easy-out, then cleaned everything, had my dad scrape and clean some parts why i started putting everything back together! what i have left to do is bolt on the coil pack, alt., throttle body, then put the belt on, add some coolant, plug in the spark plug wires, hook up the batt. and start it, i'll be doing this friday mourning!! so i can go see a fellow member 'JesseSimon' and get a few parts from him this weekend for the 64'! hopefully a windshield and both doors! my doors are ok but pass. door has a big dent and a crease in it and need small patches in both bottom corners, his look better, my driver door doesn't fit right like it should the top is kicked out some! so i hope his doors fit better and i can't beat the price, even thou his 2 hrs. away!! anyways wish me luck, lol!! i'll post something up this next week just been a lil busy with life and stuff!!

Last edited by chad64chevy; 10-12-2011 at 06:40 PM.
chad64chevy is offline   Reply With Quote