View Single Post
Old 10-12-2011, 06:39 PM   #13
Doug_J

Re: any diesel lovers here?

Quote:
Originally Posted by special-K View Post
I'm a diesel guy,have been for many years. I have yet to own a Duramax which,although made by in partnership with Isuzu (a top 3 diesel manufacturer worldwide),are a very well designed engine that is made by GM. I've had 6.2s and 6.5TDs which have served me well since the '80s and still are. That's the whole idea of owning a diesel,you're supposed to run them forever. I'm a GM guy,but I have a lot of respect for the Cummins 12 valve diesels as an old school simple tried and true design. That's why I'd love to have one in my tried and true simple design '72 K2500. The only problem with Cummins diesels is they come in Dodges. I just can't bring myself to own another one after my experience with the one I had. Makes you wonder why there are so many good ole Cummins diesels being swapped into everything under the sun. I figure,now as I did when they came out in '89,those motors outlasted the trucks they were put in. No GM truck I've owned since has given me a reason to look elsewhere.
I agree and I'd love to have that cummins in my truck, but for the price of the motor used and price to buy the swap kit its expensive.
Doug_J is offline   Reply With Quote