View Single Post
Old 10-31-2011, 12:13 AM   #74
Flint70step

Re: Project Patina Azul

I've been driving my Burb all week!.Yesterday I went to a good friends house and we finally chase down why I had no pass. rear lights.We took off the rear ac cover and at the top of the pass.side corner a mouse had chewed thru all 3 wires!I got out my strippers and made new connections.LIGHTS!!!!While I was at it I changes all the side maker bulbs and they work too!Now ALL of my lights work.Even the dome light comes on when I open the driver and pass. doors.

After me and Lawrence got my lights working I went home and borrowed the front tires from my truck.Then I went to go get my inspection!The first place I went to I waited a good 45 min and then they told me the guy who does inspections had a family emergency.I had them switch out my tires anyway so I would pass at the next place.The guy who did the tire swap gouged my slot mags on the inner lip with the tire machine.I was not happy.4 evenly spaced indentations on inner face.They should sand out and disappear with a good polishing.Then I went to the next place and the guy told me an hour wait.While I was waiting I hooked up the purple sending unit wire from the van tank to the Burb SU wire and made my fuel gauge work!The guy doing the inspections took a cig break and came over to check out my Burb.He really liked it and I told him how I put a TBI motor in it and all that good stuff.After the next car he waved me in and checked my lights, horn and insurance and gave me a sticker!!!

Now I'm 100% legal!I've been driving all over the place with no issues so far.She goes down the road nice and smooth.Today I took the black dash pad from my truck and put it in the Burb.I also installed a stock am radio I got from another Burb.Its got some pitting but looks better that an empty hole.Its feels damn good to be on the road and enjoying the fruits of my labor.There are still a lot of things to do on the Burb and I'll keep yall posted.Let me know what yall think.Be good

72 Custom Deluxe Burb(Arizona truck)Nice interior
Great patina

Project Patina Azul http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=467668
Flint70step is offline   Reply With Quote