View Single Post
Old 11-16-2011, 01:27 PM   #61
66Z71

Re: '62 BBW SWB Highschool ride returns

Finaly another update.... Not much of one, but it was still progress. The summer is over, so now the rush is on to get something done before it gets too cold again. Got the boy to help clean up the shop a bit over the weekend, and try to make enough room to continue working on the truck. It's been about 10 years since I rebuilt the truck last time, but it hasn't seen many miles since then. At the time I put it on a late model chassis, with power steering, disk brakes, and leaf springs. I replaced the tired 283 with a GM crate motor, and rebuilt the TH-400 tranny. All the brakes and shocks were replaced at the same time. This time I just cleaned up the frame, and repainted it flat black. This isn't going to be a show truck, so I didn't want to spend too much time on detailing the chassis.

We put the cab and one front fender back on so we can make sure the body mount bushings are the right height. Then the front fender will come back off, and the engine will get detailed, and the inner fenders will get painted and put back on. I might actually get to drive it yet this year.

"Always try to make the best part you can with the skills you have. If it isn't good enough throw it away and make another. Every time you make a part your skill will increase and you'll make a better part than you were capable of making before." Lil John Buttera
66Z71 is offline   Reply With Quote