View Single Post
Old 11-25-2011, 08:49 PM   #17
SCOTI

Re: my '64 c-10 swb project with steel floor from a '70

Quote:
Originally Posted by chad64chevy View Post
well yesterday was a short day for working on the truck! i put block off plate on the header ports for now and i checked to see how my bag plates were going to look! today i welded the bag plates up and i welded the bolts on the rear bumper and welded the square holes in! tomorrow i'm going to weld the front bumper bolts and fill the square holes in and then i'm going weld the front frame horns to the 1/4" plate i have bolted to the front of the frame! then i'll grind and wire wheel everything down, clean and paint them! so on to the pictures of what i've done!
For future reference, try welding the bolts to a piece of 3/16 or 1/4" plate, weld the plate to the bumper, & weld the factory bumper holes up. It's better this way so that if you slightly over-tighten the bumper bolts upon installation so they don't come loose, it won't distort/tweak the bumper surface (chrome or paint).
99CCSWB Driver
All Fleetsides
@rattlecankustoms in IG

Building a small, high rpm engine with the perfect bore, stroke and rod ratio is very impressive.
It's like a highly skilled Morrocan sword fighter with a Damascus Steel Scimitar.....

Cubic inches is like Indiana Jones with a cheap pistol.
SCOTI is offline   Reply With Quote