View Single Post
Old 12-05-2011, 11:31 PM   #106
McMurphy

Re: Not Another Rebuild Thread....

Quote:
Originally Posted by flips72 View Post
thats what i am running in mine, but i dont do a lot of interstate driving so it works great for me. if you think it might be to low, your doner truck more than likely has a 700r4 in it and that will be perfect with your gear. but you could always trade it for a case of mountain due and a 3.08 i sure hope its a half ton truck, pop one of the hubcaps and count the lugs and hope for five.
I am planning on a 4sp manual transmission, and towing a trailer with another car on it for the interstate...Hopefully that will be Ok.
I looked at the registration and title for the 85 Sierra but it does not say if it is half or quarter ton. I will pop a hub cap in the next day or two on it and check.

You know, I actually feel sorry for customer service folk when they are dealing with me....
I bought an auto darkening hood today, but the purchase process is never pretty when you are having me in front of you.

AIH Clerk: We have these in 2 styles, the hot head and the bone head (referring to the graphics)
Me: Which one will make my welding better?
Clerk looking at me like I am retarded: I dont think either one will help with that....
Me: I dont care then, guess it is like go fast stripes on a car....
Clerk: Hot Head it is!

And so a pic of my new toy that may or may not make me a better welder!

Heheheheh thanks for looking guys!!
Attached Images

My 66 Stepside
My 64 Tow Truck
My 66 Tempest

Table Of Contents Added to Page1
McMurphy is offline   Reply With Quote