View Single Post
Old 12-07-2011, 04:16 PM   #90
theastronaut

Re: '65 Chevy C10 Long Fleet Retrospective Build Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by duallyjams View Post
First thank your MOM & DAD for making you the MAN that you are.Faith and belief in ones self is what gives you the ability to build to perfection.Thanks for sharing and teaching an old dog knew tricks.

You blasted a lot of parts what material did use to blast with ?

I'm glad we have this forum to share what we've all learned! For blasting, we have a blast cabinet, and used either BX-30 sand (fairly fine stuff, not quite as fine as play sand, and I think they changed the name of it by now) or glass beads, depending on the delicacy of the part I was blasting. For larger parts with heavier paint/rust we use a 100# pressure pot blaster.

Mom and Dad had a huge part in the project. We lived right beside our shop until 7 years ago, so I pretty much grew up in the shop watching and helping dad work on the projects in the shop. Until about 15 years ago, dad only did upholstery and glass/weatherstripping on the older cars so there was always some kind of neat old car around. Dad does top notch upholstery and glass work so I guess that's where I learned about making sure to do the best you can, and to do it right the first time. When I first started the job on the truck, I didn't really know what I was getting into. I was still in tech so I only had some basics to get me started. Dad and Mom, and the owners of the truck gave me the opportunity to learn as I went, and to build the truck to the best of my abilities, and I'm thankful for that.

The biggest reason I spent so much time on the truck though, is this; I'm a Christian and I don't work to please men, I work for Christ; if people can see a difference in me that points them to Him through the type of work I do, I've served my purpose while I'm here. God wants everything I do to reveal His glory, and through this job I'm able to reach out to guys that would never otherwise hear or see anything about who Christ is and what He did for us. He equipts us so we're able to accomplish His purposes, so I can't take credit for my abilities. He put them in me and I just want to be obedient and serve Him where He's placed me.

"And whatever you do, do it heartily, as to the Lord and not to men, knowing that from the Lord you will receive the reward of the inheritance; for you serve the Lord Christ." Colossians 3:23,24
theastronaut is offline   Reply With Quote