View Single Post
Old 12-09-2011, 10:56 PM   #120
McMurphy

Re: Not Another Rebuild Thread....

Quote:
Originally Posted by C@rnut001 View Post
It is called answering the questions in the computer... I used to be an assistant manager with O'Reilly's before I went back to teaching.... most guys behind the counter don't even know what you are asking for...

Oh, before I get any further, thanks to you and your wife for your service to our country!

and I love the fact that you are redoing this truck in Alaska. I live in bush Alaska and I have not made it up to Fairbanks area yet, but hopefully I will soon.
Wow ... Teaching!
Now there is a service to our country!
You are welcome for my humble contributions to our nation, it truely is an honor to serve!
Yeah these Alaskan winters are just too long and too harsh for a lower 48 guy like me. I had to find something that was equal parts destruction and construction for me to keep my sanity.
Come on up, i have a frig full of beer!

Quote:
That helmet must have a photo cell power supply for the autodarking to work. Mine has a small battery I have to change every other year or so. No flames on mine. LOL A guy I know had his lens special made for his bad eyes.. I do not know what it cost, but he has more money then god anyway.. LOL Anyway he will probably use very little anyway.. does most of his truck building in the catalog and check book... If you know what I mean.
There are a pair of AAA batteries that go inside as well... I assumed there was something about the photo cell though.
I will admit I did some of the work on my Tempest thru the catalog and checkbook.
I can swap an engine out, anything more technical than that and I am either begging or buying someone to do it LOL

Quote:
did your donor truck turn out to be a 1/2 ton? when you get done with the stud gun can i borrow it , the back of my cab is for sure going to need one,looks like someone used to store their boots between the cab and bed its dented from one end to the other right below the window.
We been working some long long days in the Hospital this week Flips, so no. Have not gotten out there to pop a hub cap on it yet. Working from dark to dark (we work in the Operating Room so there are no outside looking windows) really puts a damper on doing much of anything after work. Especially when it is cold to boot!

I looked at a couple of the stud guns at my fave pawn shop. The prices were almost the same as getting one new from HF, but did not have the 100 studs or the slide hammer. So for like $10 more I got the whole kit; I just had to wait a week or two...

Gonna read the manual with my coffee in the morning and then go out and play with my new toys!

So far I think I have about $550 into the Truck, and about $3,000 in tools for it.

Go figure.

My 66 Stepside
My 64 Tow Truck
My 66 Tempest

Table Of Contents Added to Page1
McMurphy is offline   Reply With Quote