View Single Post
Old 12-11-2011, 03:54 PM   #13
OYMC
Account Suspended

Re: Custom 1987 GMC Crew Cab Short Bed

This is a little off topic but the roller axles that were under the crew cab: Dana 44 8 lug front, and corp 14 FF rear are going under my 55' GMC..

When I bought the 55' GMC the guy who owned it tried to do a 4X4 conversion and failed miserably.... The front wheels were hitting the trailing edge of the front fenders when bought wheels were facing forward, the engine was installed about 6" to far forward on the frame rails which caused him to cut and twist his radiator core support forward to make clearance for the fan, and lastly there were 12" Sub speaker holes cut in each door panel!

Don't get me wrong, I encourage wannabe fabricators to get in there a get your hands dirty! On the other hand, please do not attempt to fabricate safety related tasks such as chassis, suspension, or drive train alterations! I've got a family and if your lack of ability causes harm to them your a$$ is Grass!

Anyway... Here are a few photos of my repaired front suspension 55' with the dana 44 front axle just installed.... Plans for a cummins and NV4500 are in store for the 55'... Will post build thread after crew cab is built..
Attached Images