View Single Post
Old 12-12-2011, 04:22 PM   #2
GCncsuHD
Charlie Daniels w/ a Tq Wrench

Re: Level a 2011 Chevy

Technically speaking, comparing stock to stock, 2" all around would get you to the same height as a stock 3/4 ton.

Well first off, 3" is about the limit as far as leveling kits go, any further causes excessive wear on steering, CVs, and ball joints as well as reduced down travel. Both the CCM and the Rough Country use upper strut spacers to achieve the lift, the exception being Rough Country supplies upper control arms and diff drop brackets to relieve the angles on the CV shafts and upper ball joint and regains some down travel. The lower ball joint, tie rod ends, and ride still suffer.

Personally I wouldn't go over 2" leveling kit for those reasons, instead I would invest in the 2" leveling coupled with a 1.5" body lift to get the height you want. Keep in mind the increased height of the 3/4 ton is mostly due to the taller frame height (2" taller) which basically provides the effect of a 2" body lift. Also, many of the taller upper strut spacers require cutting the stock strut studs, making it impossible to return to stock, while most 1.5-2" lower strut spacers are much easier to install and have no issues if you decide to return to stock later.

As far as the rear, you shouldn't be looking for a 1" block if you want to go up, your truck already has a 1.25" block back there, you should be looking for a 2" or 2.5" block to replace it with to achieve ~1" of lift back there.
78 K30 Dually Semi-Retired Fire Truck 350/SM465 35"s
SOLD01 2500HD ECSB 6.0 4x4 5.13's 8" lift 38"s
GCncsuHD is offline   Reply With Quote