View Single Post
Old 12-13-2011, 09:31 AM   #31
chris mc bride

Re: looking for info on quality audio w/o braking bank

Ok jimmydean and waaf are trrying to launch their trucks.Me I just want to have ground pounding system.Maybe not quite as loud as my dragster on nitro but close will be fine.Besides NHRA top fueler reads 2 on rictor scale.Now if you can get your system doing that Im impressed.Mine just old nostalgia thing. Would love a system thatcould play recording of fuel motor running and being rapped cpl times and give exact sound as standing next to the car. That be bad.
question for you techno guys is there anyway to make a led lited device that would respond to the lope of the engine.Kind of like a equalizer but working off engine sound.Always thought that would be cool. Also Have idea for something simular working off throttle position starts off green about 2/3's goes yellow caution and then red for danger zone at full throttle. Plus a read out that says hold on,or oh sh!t when you hit a switch(nitrous that is). Yea nothing to do with stereo but since you techno guys are on thought I would throw it out there.
Well Picked up a Kenwood head unit cpl days ago off ebay should be here in week,Looking at some speakers thet are 6.5 seperates. Looking for the amps more than anything right now but haven't seen any that match my older alpine. Problem is worried about anyones amps that are 5 or so years old being any good if user was abusive or screwed up wiring stuff up. Might have to try to sale mine and get three newer models or just put mine in the Z/28 I just picked up motor for a song well 100 song,needs crank so Im guessing bigger better.
Is there any manufacture who would have three amps same look but differant output and channels. One amp is just subs I think will have to reveiw post to see suggestions,heck Im geting lost with the techno guys and all they are doing.
Also best way to accent light amps,need blue lights(not cops have seen enough of those) and ablity to make fit specail shape with number of bulbs to be deteremined by shape and sapcing. Plus if they need to be for 12 volt system of coarse.
chris mc bride is offline   Reply With Quote