View Single Post
Old 12-13-2011, 07:58 PM   #40
WAAF
Account Suspended

Re: looking for info on quality audio w/o braking bank

look at sound and how efficent they are.. a 150w 6.5 that is a power waster, will not be as loud as an efficent 100 w one..
speakers I like you might hate.. as the sound I like you may hate.. the music you play might be different..
I like guitar driven music alot.. and 80's dance music beasty boys, nwa, odd balls like vast.. and even heavy pantera.etc..
I run boston senterates 3 way pros 6.5.3's because a lot of the music I like has a ton or mid range punch.. and music with keyboards.. asia etc.. and I like it loud..
but I like tight bass not so much of the boom boom boom.. so my boxes are most times sealed units.. with a 2 drivers 10" or 12"
this next one might be 2 10" with a seperation inside the box with 2 8" passive radiators..
the box I have that was in my last truck was 2 12" jl audios in a ported box.. it was a little loose. bass wise . it hit nice.. but muddy at the same time..
best sounding box I ever had was 4 drivers. 2 10" and 2 8" mid bass drivers all seperated air space it was sealed at the 10" and ported for the 8" was build for an 75 cutlass and fired into the faux back seat back..
if you can here speakers in a car all the better.. speakers in asound room or store will not sound that way in your car/truck..
I'd spend the cash on the speakers near you the driver.. seperates.. and coax in the back.. as they are more a "fill" speaker..
don't spend a ton on speakers if the truck is still a tin can.. you'll get better sound with so so speakers and some dyna mat/fatmat than high end speakers and nothing..
the bostons 6.5.3's that I have for my monty .I bought the speakers in 2000 and they where 700.oo then.. you can blow your whole budget here..
I'm married now so that never happen again..HA..

alpine are power hungry, infinity

•sensitivity: 88 dB

jl's are like 91 db

polk are 94 db
the higher the # the less power to be loud.. but sometimes sound like crap..

good luck..
WAAF is offline   Reply With Quote