View Single Post
Old 12-21-2011, 12:36 PM   #15
dirtyshoprags

Re: The 1960 - 1966 Member Introductions

Hello,

My name is Nathan. I picked up a 65 C20 LWB Fleetside with a 235 L6 back in Janurary. This truck had been used and abused, but I thought it was cool and I was able to get rid of this POS 76/77/78/79 Camaro I had in the deal. The rocker panels, cab corners, and lower hood valance consisted of a mixture or cardboard, window screen, sheet metal screws, kitty hair, and Bondo. And there were two decent sized holes in the floor boards. Other than that, it wasn't in that bad of shape.

I started working on it in May and since then I have replaced the rocker panels, cab corners, and hood valance, patched the floor, shot the floor with bedliner, shot the rest of the interior with an obnoxiously LOUD purple, and shot the outside in flat black. I haven't started working on the bed yet however.

I also bought and hung new door shells. That was the most expensive part so far. The original doors were in bad shape. If I had a couple more years experience in metal working and fabrication I would have attempted to reskin them and put new bottoms in. Being that this is my first ever attempt at any sort of vehicle restoration I decided to spend the $1000 on new door shells. The way I see it, I saved myself way more than $1000 in work and aggrivation.

I came across this site while searching for some wiring answers and decided to create a profile. That's about all for now. Unfortunately I haven't taken any pictures so I don't have any to post. Once I wrap the cab up I may finally get around to taking some pictures. It's not pretty, but it's mine.
dirtyshoprags is offline   Reply With Quote