View Single Post
Old 01-03-2012, 05:55 PM   #16
hairlesshobo

Re: tablet for head console???

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmydean View Post
My highs all have passive filters as well as the active filter. Passive filters are nice, but they also add to overhead. But if you can filter the highs out of the signal pre-amp, then the amp is left to do it's thing. You can further filter using the amp, and filter further using a passive setup. The nice thing about active filters is they are usually variable vs. a passive filter.

But my tunes sound good when it's all said and done.
Yeah I'm with you on that. It's always best to filter what you can BEFORE it hits the amp, so that as little of the amp is wasted on unwanted frequencies as possible. Then if you need a little further tweaking, inline passive filters are indeed nice. Plus, if you are working on a mostly factory system, passive filters make life much easier!