View Single Post
Old 01-04-2012, 12:18 AM   #1
my4by2

Daughter's 1st Square

Just recently purchased this truck for my soon-to-be 13 year old Daughter with the intentions of her & I building it up so it can be her first car when she gets her license at 16.

It's a 1979 1/2-ton SWB - it currently has no motor or transmission, but was originally a 350 4-barrell with a TH350 transmission. Whoever pulled it out seems to have done a good job & everything is still where it should be & not just cut or torn out...

The plans so far include a 4/4 static drop & full suspension rebuild with urethane bushings. We're going to be installing the 454 I pulled out of my project vehicle into it along with a new TH400 transmission. Not gonna crazy with it, just a mild rebuild & some Edlebrock parts.

I have the shop building my truck looking for me a 90's 454SS 14-bolt rear axle - they came with the 5-lug axle shafts & can hold up to the 454 much better than the 30+ year old 10-bolt ever could...

Have already bought the entire rear lowering kit from BellTech - shackles & hangers with their Nitro 2 drop shocks. Also purchased a 16-gallon Summit fuel cell as I want to delete her side-saddle tank & do a bed-fill install.

Also getting rid of the stock rally wheels you see as I purchased her a set of 16x8" Wheel Vintique Series 12 smoothie wheels & a NOS set of the dog-dish GMC hub caps - we'll get the wheels powder coated to match the red lettering & trim ring on those.

As for the body, looking at going with a flat or satin black - new chrome on the front, a cowl hood & a roll pan for the rear.

Won't be home next until May, so it'll be just a bit before I can post any build or progress pics.
Attached Images

D60 + 14-bolt FF w/ Eaton posi + disc brakes
Skyjacker 2.5" full spring lift w/ Nitro shocks
Custom paint + interior
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=435722
my4by2 is offline   Reply With Quote