View Single Post
Old 01-04-2012, 08:48 PM   #18
mrhino
Account Suspended

Re: Build #2 Crusader!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Car'n'Guitars View Post
Black goes good with it, but the gray also makes a very good contrast that more likely turn heads if thats what youre trying to get.
That seams to be the same opinion I have. cant decide which one I like better. I looked for that bed today, I found it. looks pretty clean, as clean as a bed could look from 50 yards away, anyway. I'll stop in some time and see what he wants for it. thanks for the tip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by yousesteers View Post
It looks like you cut the piece completly out I left mine and then persuaded it with a hammer to all come back together. It looks good
Yea I did, and I cut too much out. should have only taken about half that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dieselwrencher View Post
Great progress Mr.Hino! That crew is pretty dang clean for an old work truck that had a lift gate in it. On your floor, I think it might be easier to use the piece you removed and trim it and place it back in there. Try to tack it and beat it around to fit the gap and hopefully fill in the voided area. Yes, I do think einforcing it would help when done. Maybe with a brace under the seat bolts or something. Keep at it, you're making great progress!
Thanks! it is a pretty clean truck for a work truck, Im not sure if it was a old road crew truck or what but there was dried tar looking stuff all over the inside. On the seats, the floor, even on the ceiling. I Think I will be using the old section I removed. Ill prolly ad two braces where the seat will bolt up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by txlowtrucks View Post
Cut the top section completely off. Take a section out of the remaining floor to get the drop you need. Split the top section down the middle and lay it on top with the corners and sides lined up and tack the top section back on. You will have to add a small strip down the middle of the top section and one across the back. You can add some thicker plate strips under the floor to make it stiffer and more support for the bolts. Mike
See, this is why I love this forum. Something so simple and It never even crossed my mind. thank you! That's what I do for the driver side. hopefully I wont make the same mistake on the pass. side.
mrhino is offline   Reply With Quote