View Single Post
Old 01-06-2012, 01:22 PM   #17
fixit-p

Re: "hook lift" on a C60

Quote:
Originally Posted by C10 - C90 Bill View Post
Interesting. I never heard of one or seen one. I just watched the video and it looked good, but I'm trying to find out what advantage does a Hook Lift system have over a typical Roll-Off?
The hook lift has 3 advantages over a rolloff 1, it loads faster 2, driver doesn't have to leave cab of truck and 3, they are slightly lighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by greywuuf View Post
Fixit-p hmm I can see that point, it looks like a pretty "poor" mechanical advantage but I still say a bigger cylinder would do it at lower pressures. the disadvantage is a bigger Cylinder requires more volume and thus more time... an issue in a Working scenario, not so much if it is only used to change out the beds say once a month or something.
The unit I installed the load cell system on had an 8" bore cylinder, but it really would depend on how much you want to be able to lift. You could also use twin cylinders for the lift. A rolloff would be much easier and cheaper to build but maybe not as much cool factor.
There are some decent drawings in the Galbreath installation manual which shows their interlock among other things.

Quote:
Originally posted by:Abraham Lincoln "The trouble with quotes on the Internet is that it is nearly impossible to discern if they are genuine."
fixit-p is offline   Reply With Quote