View Single Post
Old 01-06-2012, 09:29 PM   #50
piecesparts
Parts and more parts

Re: My new ride 2008 silverado LS reg cab short bed

Quote:
Originally Posted by NONHOG View Post
Just read the strut info on that link. It states that on some models a full 2"
lowering setting may require extra parts (alignment shims?) wondering if you've done these struts? I'd love a 2" drop in front. It'll be a very long time till I can afford spindles to get my 08 lower.
I am running those struts and we set the truck at one ring short from the stock height number. Each ring is good for aobut 1/2" difference. Now I will tell you that the only real hinderance to the lowering is the plastic front fenderwell. I wore a hole in both of mine in a week, so I applied a little NASCAR thinking and cut an opening in the top of the plastic liner. (there is a steel fenderwell behind the liner). I then heated and folded the edges of the plastic liner opening up against the steel fender liner and pop riveted them to it. I gained a good inch more clearance and it works fine. I sealed the edges with an undercoating material. I have not put any special alignment items on the truck as of yet, but it has been aligned.

I have 20" factory rims that have a 30.4" diameter tire on them. A smaller tire will clear easily.