View Single Post
Old 01-07-2012, 12:49 AM   #165
theastronaut

Re: Project Goldilocks, '66 C10 SWB BBW Build

Quote:
Originally Posted by fakerwade View Post
Man this build is over the top!!! (and I thought I was crazy :-)
Thanks dude!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by McMurphy View Post
So with this much frame reinforcement, you are.....
dropping in a badazz drivetrain with sheetons of torque, or do you just live on a really bad road?

I just figure this much engineering has to be for something (of course I probably missed it if you already explained it. Either it didnt sink in, or you didnt use small enough words and concepts for me to follow) Hahahahah.

I do really like reading, Ok .... looking .... at this thread.

I am gonna sit in the corner with my crayons now and not be a nusince....

Crayons huh... Somebody should send you a PPG coloring book!

I'm bracing the frame to keep it from twisting down its length. Right now it twist quite easily, much like a torsion bar would twist. The overall goal is to make the frame stiff so that the suspension works as it should instead of the frame deflecting and changing/reducing the effectiveness of the suspension's geometry. I'd like to eventually autocross the truck occasionally just for fun; I really enjoy driving anything that is nimble and responsive but I don't think just bolting on performace suspension parts will get the truck to the level I want it. A stiffer frame should make the truck more predictable, more solid feeling, have less sqeaks and rattles, and give a better overall driving experience. As far as the drivetrain, I'll eventually build an original 250 inline 6 for it, looking to get 350+hp from it. It'll get backed by a T56 six speed and a posi rear end.
Posted via Mobile Device
theastronaut is offline   Reply With Quote