View Single Post
Old 01-09-2012, 01:35 PM   #28
Richie
4:13

Re: My "Simple Silverado"

Sorry guys for the looong delay in any answers.I have a new toy to take up my time so my truck kinda took a back seat and will be just for transportation as of now.It will get attention now and then but not what it was.The american wheels rubbed at first but I rolled the lips of the fenders and now it is ok.I have the other wheels for it but haven't had the funds to get the tires yet.So yes they did rub but now it is fine.The notches were 4" pipe split.I notched the frame with a pattern I made and welded them in.ground the edges to clean them up and they work fine.i do need new shocks and cannot hold anything in the bed over 300 pounds or it bottoms out.Regular driving is fine unless i hit a pothole or bump.Front sucks it up fine,rear don't like it much but new shocks would help.I also plan on getting helper bags for towing something.Hidden hitch is on its way also.Thanks for the compliments,Richie

New toy,1966 Buick Skylark.My dad surprised me for my 45th birthday! Same as my very first car my grandfather bought me when I was 14.

Richie is offline   Reply With Quote