View Single Post
Old 01-11-2012, 07:43 PM   #25
1leglance

Re: 70 C-20 4x4 Suburban Father/Son project

Well today was a day to clean up and get an idea of what I am facing with this diesel swap.

This is my NP205 transfer case in the 1970 burb and it is one of the best transfer cases I could have. I was told when I bought the rig that the 350cu engine/Turbo400 trans/NP205 transfer case were all new or freshly rebuilt just a few years back.
Looking at the barcodes and stickers I think it is true.

These two are what is currently behind the donor 6.2 diesel and part of me would like to keep them as overdrive would be nice for all the highway driving we do getting to & from the cool dirt tracks.
NPsomething transfer case & 700r4 overdrive trans

So this is the hacked up mess I power washed and looked over. There are far too many wires unconnected, hoses & ports open and more mouse poop that I want to think about.

Someone took the top off the injection pump, I was able to screw it back on but not sure now if everything is there and hooked up right.

I am not too happy with this hose routing. I will be looking into a better way to do things when I swap the engine over.

Did I mention mouse poop?

This side of the engine isn't as hacked up. But there are still some things to take care of.

This is the hydroboost setup that will go into my old burb. Diesels don't make vacuum like a gasser so you get powersteering pump created hydraulic pressure for the brakes. Not sure about that rubber hose on the lines though?

I think this bit is called a CDR or CDL or something like that. But I think I am missing something?

Throttle cable is all busted up. And there is a bracket above the injector pump that is missing something that looks like it would connect down to the injector pump? Anyone know?

Oh and since it was too cold first thing in the morning to powerwash I fired up the plasma cutter to free this factory grill guard from the massive bits of steel someone welded it too long ago.

And while I didn't get pics of the inside of the donor I did attack it with the shop vac. Other than the front seat belts there isn't much I will be using out of the inside. But there was about a 1/2 bale of hay in there and I wanted to see what was under it all in case I can part the rig out for any $$
1leglance is offline   Reply With Quote