View Single Post
Old 01-13-2012, 04:26 PM   #16
McMurphy

Re: Not Another Rebuild Thread....

Quote:
Originally Posted by C@rnut001 View Post
You drew that version...correct? It is really cool. Thanks for sharing about your hood...sounds like it was a ton of work, but you will get it like you want it in the end. Keep up the great job and thanks for posting and sharing pics/stories of your progress.
Oh yes, that is 100% my artwork.
The hood just turned out to be more that I expected is all, and more difficult due to my approach to it. I wish I was more like Coulter and had a computer in my garage so I could pull up these threads and look at other peoples projects as I am working on mine. I think that constant reference would be hugely helpful.

Quote:
Looks like someone is going to have fun with patch panels.
Yes sir, I have been studying other folks works on these the past couple days. Today is going to be a run into town to look for things to help with the project and get more supplies. I think I am going to get another '66 hood as a donor for that front signal panel and going to flip it upside down and it will be the fill panel between my two fenders up under my headlight mounting panel. I did a test fit with my donor and it looked way cooler than what I originally had in mind, plus gives me a logical mounting place for my fog lights.
If I think of it later I will mock it up again and take a pic to show you what I am babbling about.

Quote:
looking good, really like the hood latch deal, thats sweet. cant wait to see the patch panels installed, your making great progress.
Thank you Flips!
I am sorry for your loss. I hope that life brings you many joys to help ease the pain you and your family are no doubt feeling. Wife and I have gone thru some tough ones, not the least of which is we are both orphans now...
May the Lord smile and cast his grace upon you and yours in this time.

So you can get back to work showing me how I should be doing my truck....
Sorry just kidding, but I couldnt help it.... I am a bad bad man....

As ever, thanks for looking guys. Hope to see something on your builds this weekend !!!

My 66 Stepside
My 64 Tow Truck
My 66 Tempest

Table Of Contents Added to Page1
McMurphy is offline   Reply With Quote