View Single Post
Old 01-16-2012, 10:06 PM   #67
66Z71

Re: '62 BBW SWB Highschool ride returns

Sometime in the last three years I was robbed. The gas filler neck was there when I tore the truck apart. Now it is nowhere to be found. I found GTO parts, Impala parts, Corvair parts, even a few Model A Parts, but no gas filler neck. The tank is cleaned, and painted, I got a new hose, and a new rubber gasket, so I guess it gets a new filler neck too. I forgot to order the gasket for the sender thingy that bolts in the tank, so I needed to place an order anyhow. There was something else I needed, but I can't remember what it was. Maybe I will just wait until tomorrow to order, give me a chance to think of other things I need.

The firewall is painted, tomorrow I just need to find the 3M spray adhesive so I can put the firewall pad in. I got my carpet, jute, and door door sill plates. But they backordered the sound deadener that goes in first, so the carpet will have to wait. I was really looking forward to getting that installed so I could lay on it while I wire the dash. I even bought the speaker wire so it can get put down under the carpet.

I am so paranoid that I will break the windshield with it laying around the shop so I was thinking about installing it next. But on the other hand I think it would be easier to work inside the cab if I wait and do the windshield, and back window last. I think I'll start with the door weatherstrip next. Any suggestions?

"Always try to make the best part you can with the skills you have. If it isn't good enough throw it away and make another. Every time you make a part your skill will increase and you'll make a better part than you were capable of making before." Lil John Buttera
66Z71 is offline   Reply With Quote