View Single Post
Old 01-19-2012, 11:16 AM   #30
1leglance

Re: 70 C-20 4x4 Suburban Father/Son project

Finally got the new bucket seats installed thanks to my new buddy Nick. Not enough that I have been hounding him for diesel install knowledge (sweet cummins setup in his 72 burb) but I also wanted some mentoring on welding and fab stuff.

So this last Sunday I took up most all his day and we had a good time.

Let's have the pics tell the story...

First we needed to get an idea of where to put the seat...oh and some of those wood blocks were what the previous owner had holding his seats in place!

Nick had his mad fabricator hat on and was all about the details. Which was a good lesson for me as I am often all about the "good enough"

Tacking the bits in place was an interesting thing to learn about. At least that is what Nick said he was doing to my seat

Old guy who owned the rig before either needed a few attempts to get the seat in the right spot or a few beers before getting the drill out.

Next phase was figuring out where the rear seats needed to be for my relocation of the AC stuff.

Yeah we worked into the dark. And still didn't finish, but that is ok as I learned a ton and got to share a couple of meals with Nicks very cool family.
1leglance is offline   Reply With Quote