Thread: Make it handle
View Single Post
Old 01-22-2012, 12:21 AM   #15
hairlesshobo

Re: Make it handle

Quote:
Originally Posted by robnolimit View Post
TO ALL USING URATHANE Drill the outer sleave and install your own grease zerk fittings in EACH bushing. Use poly-graphite grease. We dont want them to flex, but we do want them to rotate easily. CAUTIONThe inner steel sleave of the bushing shoud be as long as the urathane parts. When the bolt is tight, it should torque up onto the inner sleave, NOT crush the urathane bushing sides. MANY MANUFACTURERS dO NOT GET THIS. it is up to you to check. If there not right, don't use them.
I hate to bring up a (really) old post..

Rob, any chance you could go into this a little more? Were you referring to control arm bushings? If so, any chance you have a pic of what it looks like once this is done?

Next weekend I plan to move the lca forward 1" to gain much needed caster and I ordered an energy suspension poly bushing kit. I want to make sure I do it right the first time.

Steve
Posted via Mobile Device