View Single Post
Old 01-22-2012, 03:02 PM   #2
66Z71

Re: '62 BBW SWB Highschool ride returns

Quote:
Originally Posted by 62 Barnfind View Post
What color is that and where did you get it? My original color is Brigade blue and I am looking foe options!
Its PPG 16640, it is a fleet color, meaning it wasn't used on a production car, but rather designed for somone to use on their trucks or something like that. I printed off a bunch of pictures from the internet of blues that I liked, then went in to the paint store to match them up to something they had. I know the color of the printed ones aren't exact, but neither are the color books they have. But it was close enough for me.

I should add, the reason I went with a fleet color is that they are moslty solid colors, where as the standard auto colors are mostly metalics. The problem with that being that painting the truck in pieces, at different times as I did, would have made it almost imposible to come out with it not looking like a patchwork quilt. Especially for me.
"Always try to make the best part you can with the skills you have. If it isn't good enough throw it away and make another. Every time you make a part your skill will increase and you'll make a better part than you were capable of making before." Lil John Buttera

Last edited by 66Z71; 01-22-2012 at 03:16 PM.
66Z71 is offline   Reply With Quote